View Single Post
Old 2008-01-28, 16:44   Link #378
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Thats good for you that you enjoyed the whole StrikerS season...a lot of people in this sub forum, including myself, had mixed feelings about how this season of Nanoha was planned and executed.
I pretty much marathoned StrikerS yesterday, with only 4 episodes left today and finished them just a bit ago.

I'll say, having watched Triangle Heart, MLGN, A's, and StrikerS in a 5 day span, I'm all Nanoha-ed out. O_O

But I must say I enjoyed them. I liked A's the best, probably because there was a lot of Fate and the Knights, which are my favorite characters. And Arf's puppy form was just ridiculously cute, and that's really all you see it in.

But, anyway, StrikerS, I thought, was reasonably well done. There are some things I'm not particularly keen on, but overall, things seemed to flow smoothly, with a few pockets here and there that I thought "WTF? Where did that come from?"

26 seemed... a little short? The epilogue of sorts was like 6 minutes, but didn't seem that long. But the rescue of Nanoha/Vivio/Hayate was, what, like, 2 minutes? Reminds me of Stripes....

"We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out! It's like going in to Wisconsin!"

That was my biggest problem with 26. Of all the stuff in StrikerS, that was the most "Okay, NO...." to me. Don't know why... Doesn't NEARLY compare to what I think is the biggest, most ridiculous, insane plot-device in MLGN overall, and possibly of all time... Nanoha's mom in MLGN original all, "oh, you've got some problems? You need to leave the house for a few weeks with no contact between us? Sure, go right ahead, dearie."

WHAT MOTHER DOES THAT? For one who loves her children and family, I saw that happen twice in MLGN original and I just went, "You have GOT to be ****ING KIDDING ME."

But, anyway, that's that and this is Episode 26.

Things I liked:

Agito + Signum: Holy hell hotness. Signum is already the prettiest female in the entire MLGN universe as it is, but with Agito she was... hot. Literally. I think, push comes to shove, I prefer Signum in her usual barrier jacket, but Unison w/Agito is quite a nice change-up.

Caro and Erio getting transferred to.. what they got transferred to: Okay, I am very far from a tree-hugger or wildlife nut. But that was just so... different... what they got assigned to, totally unexpected and unique from other animes... that I just thought that was really cute... But isn't 10 years old WAAAAAY to young to be deeply in love with someone? O.o Give it time, folks, give it time. Play the field.

Things I didn't like:

Previously-mentioned rescue thingy.

Things I thought were frickin' hilarious:

The "penitent" combat cyborgs in a detention facility and prison skivvies. That was HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing. That's another thing you don't see everyday in anime.

Anyway... Done with another series. Time to move onto something else. I think Umisho! is up next.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."