View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 14:39   Link #77
Theowne
耳をすませば

Saw the movie. Meh. The book itself is the weakest, in my opinion, but the movie was not as bad as it could have been. The ending was decent, nothing exceptional. The whole Half-Blood Prince storyline was somewhat pointless in the book and it doesn't get much better in the movie. There's a big revelation at the end but it serves no other purpose except as a reference to the title. Too much teen drama. I knew that Harry Potter would not be a "classic" like many others by the kind of teen drama in the sixth books. Yes, teenagers go through stages and it's realistic for normal teenagers....except that these are not normal teenagers, they've witnessed death and destruction and fought evil and been afraid for their lives....THe movie could have fixed this by using its limited time on the core elements of the plot but instead there was too much fluff. We hardly get the proper impact of Voldemort's memories/Horcrux searching, Draco's deterioration, or the Snape-textbook thing. Also the movies are too thin for any meaningful storytelling because there isn't enough time for convincing character development. Thus, the Ginny Harry, Ron Hermione bits all feel thin. Well, personally I always felt that having Ginny be a love interest was not a great idea. The story is about the trio, it should have stayed that way. Introducing a new member to the core characters feels forced.

End of rant.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote