Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-16, 08:08   Link #694
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
But I suppose it's much more important to point out that Leorio's knife is different or the room is different. Toto also notes that the 2011 anime caught on that it's the same walls as before and yet didn't notice that the 1999 version did the exact same thing. Bizarre.
The wall and floor in the weapons room in 1999 are made of different material (Yellow brick walls and gray stone tiles) In the 2011 version the room is completely made out of sandstone. That's the point in pointing that out since I believe sandstone is relatively soft. And the knife thing is an obvious objective difference that she can comment on.

On the other hand you are entitled to your own opinion about what makes a better ending.

However my opinion is that the manga/2011 version had more suspense. From a narrative point most people think Gon "has" to pass but this narrative inevitability doesn't necessarily pass to Leorio who could theoretically fail now to make a point on the difficulty of the test.

Therefore when you see three people you may entertain the thought he DID fail...for the short period of time until you hear them arguing.