Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 13:18   Link #170
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I really enjoyed Eureka Seven, so I'd be lying if I said that I'm not looking forward to this. All the same, recently it seems like a number of series franchises are being revived in some form, whether by sequels or remakes. I hope it's not the start of a new trend.
Since Eureka 7 is a mecha, it follows a special trend, the SRW trend. Super Robot Wars is a game that mixes alot of mecha anime into one story and is basically the highest fanservice and most effective advertisement for mecha anime studios. Reaching out to diehard mecha fans like myself and introducing us to more mecha anime.

Everytime SRW features a new series in the lineup of a new game, there's a chance it will be followed by a sequel if not just toys. Notable examples includes Choja Reideen, Dancougar Nova, Gaiking, Evangelion movies, Top wo Nerae!2, you can even include Gundam, Mazinger and Getter Robo.

Eureka 7 has appeared twice in 2 years of SRW as well as ACE3, bringing back its popularity enough to produce a few Robo Damashii figures and this sequel. Aquarion EVOL is also the direct result of this, it appeared in the same 2 SRWs that Eureka 7 did, as well as ACE:R.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-02-01 at 13:28.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote