Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-07, 13:48   Link #251
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo
The biggest hurdle behind an RKKV is actually getting it up to relativistic speeds, which at the moment we do not have anywhere near the energy to do. Once you get passed the energy requirement, the only thing left is to point the thing at the people you don't like.

Seeing as how humanity in the Avatar verse DOES have relativistic starships, RKKV's are easily done. It's just a matter of pointing at the planet yourself at the planet you don't like and releasing all the rocks.
By your logic I guess it is possible. However due to the limited knowledge how the WMDs worked and used in the RDA, I’m sticking with the ones already combat proven which are nukes.

Quote:
Provide me with a logical reason why I shouldn't be? This logistical solution requires transportation capability many thousands of times greater than what the humans in this universe currently possess. Why should I consider it a realistic possibility that the humans will be able to just start producing starships many times bigger than what they currently have and in many times the number?
Who says it has to be thousand times greater? Who says it has to do with size? Actually I was thinking more like cost efficiency on the ISV so it could be mass-produced. The previous models before the ISVs were actually ¼ larger than the ISV, but they manage to reduce it to the current ISV’s size right now. If they can do that why couldn’t they start R&D to further increase cost efficiency and eventually mass producing? The amount of capital required would be enormous, but considering the worth of the unobtanium, its worth it.

Quote:
Please refer to this. [snip]
Okay, point taken. Then the humans could just aim their nukes at Eywa and several Na'Vi settlement without harming the ubnotanium.

Quote:
Except you don't realistically have the capability to do that.You're entire transport fleet doesn't even have half the cargo capacity of a small cargo ship. You're not gonna transport all this gear to Pandora on the starship when you can transport manufacturing equipment that will let you make many other things on planet.
Manufacturing equipments must be transported along other war gears like Scorpions because the planet’s surfaces already categorized as hostile. So I think Scorpions and any other weapons are a must. And just how much tonnage or kilos do Scorpions weights anyway? Several ISVs or other military vessels should be able to bring around 50 of them.

For creating a landing zone, I think you should either bomb the shit out of one of the planet’s surface, that’ll create a desert where Eywa couldn’t reach you, then you could transport manufacturing equipments down along with the Scorpions...

Actually it just crosses my mind as why the hell did RDA didn’t built or construct a military space station capable storing up the war gears?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote