View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 08:30   Link #65
Used Can

It's not necessarily better. It all comes down to how things are developed. Say, if you have the MC go out with the second main girl and this is properly developed, yet, by the end, out of thin air the author has the other main girl end up with the MC, then that's pretty much crappy development. Of course, I'm not saying this is the case for MM. I'm just stating an example.

Anyway, having a second main girl end is, in no way, inferior to having the main girl win, if it is properly developed. And, in MM!'s case, Yūno has not only been properly developed, but she is quite popular too. Sure, the most popular girl is Mio. However, Yūno is popular enough so that, if she wins, fans won't be enraged. So, the author can definitely pull a Yūno end if he wants. Of course, I'm not saying he will, but he definitely can. And, from what I've heard, Tarō and Yūno's relationship has been developed for quite some time and rather well. So, I honestly see no problem with them ending up together. Naturally, the author can also start developing a relationship with Mio, and have Tarō end up with her, but just because she's #1 in popularity, that's not a given.

In the end, all I can say, is that both girls have equal opportunities to end up with Tarō. Both of them are main girls and both of them are very popular with the fans. As of now, things can go either way. Personally, whoever wins, I hope she receives proper development - both, as a character and in terms of relationship. As long as that condition is met, I'll be satisfied, since I like both girls equally.