View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 14:53   Link #2466
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
But there is no sword. I can’t say my technique is base on the style that needs a sword and I am kicking. Is really odd actually, kind of stupid to me in some sense. But still I rest my case on the move, is possible, can happen and it will help. Can it be counter? Maybe, we might never know on this particular case. Beside the air pressure around the attack won’t be enough to cause any real damage. We see character avoid such attack all the time and not being send away by wind.
You can strawman the name all you want, but that doesn't change the basics: Sword Draw is a high-speed attack, it's entire goal is to hit the opponent with max speed and power.

Oh, and iaido has nothing to do with air pressure. Not sure where you pulled that one from, or why it suddenly started to matter.

Quote:
Pointless to me since those are two characters we never hear about before and so far have seen little after that. Not that I miss them. Specially Chantez. On a story sense pointless because take us away from the fight to scene has nothing to do with it, is not moving any plot and doesn’t affect any event after such scene. That is what I call pointless.
It develops two characters. That's hardly pointless. Yes, it doesn't move the main plot, but every story is filled with such moments. Not every moment of character development needs to move the plot. Heck, it's impossible to do that. And again you not caring about the characters does not make it objectively pointless.

Quote:
Going back to the chapters I check them again and I do see a small panel where an explosion is before Vivio uses Sonic Shoot. If that is the shift thing she was charging last episode that was a really good way of setting up something as big and end up in a small panel. I just mention it because I take it as Vivio using a super-move and end being: pointless. Really she could not do it at all because in the end didn’t even affect her tactic. Just a little nitpick on the matter, is not a great flaw and is sure as hell not the reason why I didn’t like the fight.
Her calling the attack "Sonic Shooter", the same name as her basic shooting attack, really should have been a clue it wasn't going to be a massive game-ending attack, really.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote