View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 09:44   Link #218
Yumeka
Anime fan/Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I think the question sadly comes down to whether Kyoani wants to work with Aya Hirano or if they would do Haruhi without her.

Now Aya Hirano does still get work in the anime industry. But lets face it she doesn't really get a lot of new starring work, especially not in shows for the late night audience.

I am not sure how Kyoani feels about the Aya Hirano scandal and I think it would be a shame if they stop making Haruhi because of it but I fear it is a possibility.

I mean in the end Haruhi was one of Kyoani's most successful franchises. It seems strange to me that they wouldn't want to continue it.
Lucky Star is arguably just as popular as Haruhi and it also hasn't gotten any new anime adaptation for years. Sometimes I feel like KyoAni has lost interest in their old works and have shifted their focus to new works, like original series such as Tamako Market. But a part of me doesn't want to give up the hope that this is just their current trend and suddenly they'll surprise us with a revival of an old work, whether it's Haruhi or Lucky Star. I'm hoping the thing with Aya Hirano isn't a factor though.

~ Yumeka ~
Mainichi Anime Yume - my blog