View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 01:50   Link #45
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose View Post
Forget YATTA... for somebody who's just starting, seeing which filters (I'm talking "simple" stuff, like denoising, etc) other encoders use can give them a jump start.

Learning from examples is a lot easier than learning from reading.
Yeah, you have to make your own script for every source, but how will you make it when you have no idea which filters you should use, or even as far as which filters are out there?

I think scripts should be offered. Just have the encoder comment them, explain why he chose that filter and those settings - and maybe even provide before/after screenshots.
Like I've said again and again, unless I can get the encoder to share them there is nothing I can do. All of my staff know that scripts used directly for the subs will be released and there is no arguing this point one way or another. I don't force my encoders to share their scripts though. They have their reasons and I have agreed to them as meaningful. In the future if they want to that is another thing.

Please don't focus on the topic of encoding anymore. I don't want this whole concept turned into another encoding discussion. There have been enough already.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote