View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 11:56   Link #147
Vena
Carpe Diem

Frankly, I think a lot of the *single minded desires* only come off as absurd because of what I brought up before, alloted time vs. running plot threads. I think some characters are meant to come off as *monsters* for their love, while others are meant to be the *normal* people caught in the storm.

Look at Mikono and Zessica. Mikono is stuck in the middle of an obsessive tug of war between two halves of the same person who is her destiny no matter how you turn, shake, or rock the world. Meanwhile, Zessica is stuck on the outside and unable to get in because of the above (the final nail in the coffin, probably what broke her enough for Mykage to possess her, was the reveal of Amata = Apollo = destined to be with Mikono).
Spoiler for Complete Aside:

I cannot help but think that this episode was just making fun of everything that's going on, or is unintentionally hilarious in bad ways. (Start off that father was with Kagura, while mother was with Amata, the set-up is too perfect for coincidence, tbh) Izumo is identified with and compared to Kagura (screw the world, I want my woman), while Alicia was identified with and compared to Amata (fell in love at first sight), and, by the end of their episode, it becomes clear that the traits now shared by Kagura and Amata are what caused the whole mess in the first place plus some compounding factors like Mykage (but he's still a compounding factor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zull
Technically it's not her love that allowed the bodysnatched, it's the fact she's so gloomy because she doesn't belong with her beloved. It's impossible to get over a love in 2 seconds, but maybe can she loves him (while curing her from it latter, after the show) and just accept the fact she won't get Amata but be at peace with that fact. I don't think Zessica destroying her body means that Mykage is going to die. And how can she do that when she has no control over it anymore.
The only thing that could allow it to happen is get over the bodysnatch and if she does so no need for her to kill herself.
Its a consequence of her love but, by presentation, its heart break that caused the possession. She already settled for loving him without her getting him or him loving her back but she had hoped for a chance in some other life (she wasn't even gloomy about the whole thing after the mini-arc to Altair). The revelation for reincarnations just shattered what little bit of hope she had left and broke her heart.

I won't even bring up the laundry list of inconsistencies that would arise if "gloom" or "not being with the one she loves" was what our resident angel needed to take house in Zessica. #1 on that list being: Didn't need to do anything.