View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 13:10   Link #5463
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Though not to extent that it was last year, with the way Crabtree has managed to convert so far.
Not really. He had that one good series against the Lions where he converted 3 third downs on a single drive. Other than that, he hasn't been "the third down guy" necessarily. The entire team is floating close to 30% around the same place as last season. That's unacceptable.

Quote:
I assume you're talking about the deep plays?
No, all kinds of plays. Did you see the Detroit game? What were there, eight drops I believe?

Quote:
Give The Niners passing game some more time. It's a bit unreasonable, given Alex's history, and the new the faces in the receiving corp to expect that Smith would be throwing for 300 yards every game. Be thankful we're not still in the dark days of three years ago, when the air game was dragging down the rest of the team on a consistent basis (Nowadays, while it's not in a central role like that of most NFL teams, it's not getting in the way, and even manages to contribute here and there. Though as the Minnesota game showed, it can't win on it's own yet.).
Yes we'll see what happens. I just thought the 49ers would have moved beyond these basic struggles by this point.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote