Thread: Licensed Claymore Manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-05, 17:41   Link #775
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
Since you brought up Irene, didn't she say it would take her 1-2 years to regenerate that arm? well, it's been 7 years, she should have both arms now if she's still alive

Now, I want to examine this whole 1/4 yoma thing a bit more closely because we've been given a lot more info on the whole process now than ever-before:

Human+Dragonkin = regular Yoma, they're stronger than humans, but weakest in the monster power ladder. they hunger for guts and has a humanoid monster form (and they seem to be able to take over the forms of other humans?). these guys have very low yoki

yoma + human = Claymore. if you look at the above combination, a Claymore is really 2/3 human and 1/3 Dragonkin. somehow, this combination allows the Claymore to retain a lot more of their human side, while still having yoma powers through an energy known as yoki. they amount of yoki a Claymore can tap into seems a bit random and I'm not sure if it grows with training etc.

If the Claymore release over 80% of their yoki, they become an Awakened Being. now these guys seems to be much more like the dragonkin than human, and generally have enormous amounts of yoki/power compared to your average yoma or claymore. Perhaps we can say the release of all that yoki took over the "human body", and transformed it into a more Dragonkin like being?

Destroyer = the Destroyer is some weird fusion of an AB and a Claymore, both very powerful. the Destroyer's signature move forms a halo like ring above its head and shoots out rods that takes over whatever life it touches. everything it takes over becomes AB/Dragonkin like until they're sucked dry of their life-force. this all seems to fit well with the above theory of Dragonkin energy (similar to yoki), taking over humans/lifeforms and making it more monster-like.

Lastly, we have Clare, who, going by the above theory, would be 5/6 human and 1/6 Dragonkin. While this supposedly makes her weaker, we've seen no evidence that correlates a Claymore's power with the amount of yoma flesh (essentially post-processing Dragonkin flesh) implanted into a human. I think what makes a claymore strong or weak is actually their humanity's ability to suppress dragonkin urges and fully harness its power. in this regard, Clare should be a candidate to become the strongest Claymore ever
I reread the Irene arc and she said that if she starts regenerating as of then she would have a normal arm in around 1-2 months. So your right she would have gotten her self a new right arm in them 7 years as she is clearly alive untill proven wrong. As for her left I guessing it no longer able to be regenerated given the long period of time its been cut of. So I think she didn't want to regenerate it for A) At that time she was running away from the org and couldn't do so as it would release Yoki and B)She no longer remember it form if she try to do it now or C)The fear of Pricilla when she lost her arm is stopping her from regenerating it. Like Jean mind block for Clare. Plus given the fact that she was a Atk type claymore would also make it near impossible to get her left arm back. That what I think. This is what I think based on what I read. Chapter 79 page 4 would give you info on the regen part.

So what your saying is the less Dragonkin they have the stronger they are due to being able to suppress the dragonkins flesh/urges. If that is the case then Isley would have clearly been the strongest of all claymores given that he willing choose to go over the limit of 80% just to see what it would be like and kept pretty much all his human side after killing so many AB based off the info from chapter 132. I hope he is still alive. Also a few of the ghost 7 have Half awaken so what would make them? Given that if awaking gives you more power but you lose your humanity. Would Half Awakened give you stronger abilities instead of power as that as been the case with Maria, Helen, Dr Deneve and a few others. All their abilities became stronger. Because Clare has half awakened a lot of times and all of that time she had has Irene arm. So would that give her more DK flesh? And also Jean who fully awakened but her mind had not would that make her a ab or a half awakened. Not only that do you think Claymore would retain other Claymore ability's if they where given dead claymore flesh? As I think that was how Clare was able to learn Yoki Sensing.

I would agree that the amount of Yoki that one person has in random as some have had more then others. Like Isley who was by far the strongest gen 1 warrior who power gap could not even be matched even if all the gen 1 warriors took him on. Miata who can kill yoma with her bare hands and has potential in being a No. 1. The goddess Teresa who killed the former number 1 Rosemary with a mare 10% of yoki release and Would have clearly beaten Pricilla if she release more of her yoki. Among others. I do think the their power lv goes up the more they train this has been shown when the 7 year gap and when they half awakened.

So would Riful/Dauf and Pricilla/Destroyer be consider a Dragonkin. Given that in theory it may well be Riful who a very strong AB and Dauf who was also a strong AB had also powered up with 3 Destroyer rods thus making him far more stronger and more dragonkin. And until we are proven other wise Riful could have clearly fused with Dauf given the strong bond they had. Plus the fact that she said I hate you to Pricilla/Destroyer. So she may have retained all her memorys after the fusion.

But then what makes the feeders. How much flesh do they have. Would they be seen as Dragonkin because they are quite powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Clare's body was broken down and merged with the Destroyer and reconstructed. Then she merged with the Destroyer and Priscilla again. Therefore, her arm and her body is not original anymore. She also had to be treated after the second time as proof that her body was broken down.

Now that I think about it, since she did not need treatment after merging with the Destroyer maybe her body wasn't merged with it. I interpreted it as such. Any other views?

Yeah, she would have arms equal to that of a human. But, I'll bet she is dead.
I also agree the first time (chapter 93) she comes out the destroyer her chest didn't have to be resealed. So I would take it that her body at that time was the same as before she was eaten up by it as Irene's arm was still be there but we see no scaring so maybe attaching other peoples limbs don't leave scars. Her body didn't change this is shown if you compare chapters 59 page 27-28, 60 page 2,4 with 100 page 27 when we see Clare Half Awakened fighting the Furry and Priscilla. You can she has still has Irene's arm which was wrapped in leather (to me it looks like leather) and if you compare both Awakened arms Irene's Half Awakened arm is much different looking then Clare's left arm. Irene arm has triangle/kite shape blades while Clare's has more of scaly shape blades. Kinda like the arms that you get in Prototype 2. So Irene arm could well be how it would look like if Irene had awakened. All that was changed was her mind. As Rafaela gave Clare her memory's/ ability and stuff she must know. I don't think that stuff she must know has been address. So maybe it's got something to do with the destroyer.

For the Second time I agree with what you said. Her body could well be much different then it was before she went inside. As she did need to be treated with that Long ass cut that goes right to their genitals. I wonder if that was why the bandits where horrified when Goddess Teresa showed them her scar? As we don't see how much she opened her clothes only the top half is showed pulled off. But this could also mean that the way they treat the wound could have been improved over time and what we see now on Clare could be a less ugly version. So I think given how long she was in there and the fact she needed treatment this could mean that she now has parts of the destroyer in her and that her body is now different then it was before. If so what would that make her? But I guess we will see if she still has Irene arm next time she half awakens.

Also I'll bet that she is alive.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote