View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 22:19   Link #422
00Coyote

This adaption isn't coming together for me, not that it's terrible or anything, it just seems to lack energy. The animation, backgrounds and stuff are ok, but what isn't working for me is the audio side.

To start off with, the voices just refuse to match up with the characters in my opinion. Shiranui's VA matches ok, but that character is locked in one mode of operation, mischievous, so at the moment she doesn't require a bunch of range.

Zen and Medaka, however, their VA performance isn't doing anything for me, especially Madeka. Her voice, the delivery, it doesn't have any presence to it. I'm not expecting [I USE BRACKETS OF POWER] type voicing (that comes much latter, which looks like won't get animated) but her voice is too weak. Zen's VA seems ok, just not inspired, and he's not keeping my attention. Since he is the MC, and designated exposition expositioner, in a series written by Nisio Isin (ZOMGWALLOFTEXT everywhere) that's not a good thing.

There's something else about the audio in general that is bothering me, but I can't put my ear on it. I can't tell if its the mix, or something odd about the music or what, there is something off, and it bugs me. The adaptation isn't terrible, so I'll watch a few more episodes to see what entertainment there is to find.

In the meantime, have some dramatic sarcasm.
Spoiler for dramatic sarcasm within:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote