View Single Post
Old 2011-12-05, 07:24   Link #67
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriath View Post
Shana appears seriously injured after the blast in the corridor--perhaps even unable to move her lower body, as she spends two minutes of our time crawling on her forearms. Then when the maid-rinne grabs her she is able to spring up, go ape-shit on it and then stand up and appear fine when Tenmokku Ikko appears.
'Fear' is the answer there. She was going to be taken by the Rinne and possibely die there if she stayed too long. Adrenaline shots through your body and you get new forces. Also she wasn't that much of incapacitated, just dazed by the explosion and the sudden collapse. As she said, 'she needed to carry on', for a Flame Haze that has fought countless situations like that one, it's not a surprise to see that she managed to recover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giriath View Post
Perhaps the most puzzling occurrence in this episode is that Tenmokku Ikko was able to cut through Fecor's Magnecia and kill him...I mean WTF. Very powerful flame haze haven't been able to do so in the past, but suddenly when it's important to the story that he die, BAM! he's dead. I suppose using those wings on his back to fly away from the slow-moving suit of armor (oh, wait; it suddenly learned to run in this episode) wouldn't occur to a character that is destined to die for there to be more drama and action.
Nietono no Shana is, as described in the novels, a high class weapon. It can cut through anything, be it an object or a spell. And it will definitely never break. Plus, Tenmokku Ikko is immune to all kind of Unrestricted Spells, so I'm guessing that this two things combined made the job of defeating his enemies a kids' game.

Besides, Fecor is not that powerfull. Magnesia is his only known attack so once you get pass it there isn't much of a fighter to beat. Also, Tenmokku was the fear of both, Flame Hazes and Denizens, to the point that they even got away from Asia to scape from him (before Shana's iniciation), so yes, he is pretty powerfull and Fecor didn't stand a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Am I the only one in both the Japanese and English otaku community who found the Aizens tragically endearing...
I didn't found it endearing but it was a good arc , I still like Sorath's novel version better tho. They could have omitted the kissing, but well, they were the villains so they needed to be hated so their death would not be cryed.