View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 14:17   Link #57
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Good grief... this episode, Jun'ichi really was a terrible jerk
  • First, he tells Ayatsuji to open up.
  • Then she then really does open up and, for the first time, gives that nasty bitching girl a fitting and well-deserved reply
  • She's happy about not having to hide behind a facade anymore and thus gets her courage together and asks him out, and he agrees.
  • The bitching girl, not happy about her defeat, starts bullying her (e.g. dodgeball), but she has Kaoru and others who support her, so she can deal with it.
  • However, this also means that bitch girl and Co. don't help anymore. Ayatsuji still has a few helping but sends her home in the evening, trying to do everything by herself (probably out of habit, as she never relied on anyone before).
  • She's happy when Jun'ichi returns, but instead of helping her, he stabs her in the back and tells he he liked he sweet facade better. (I somewhat expected her to say "Et tu, Brutus?" at that point.) A slap was much too little... if it was me, I would've kicked him in the balls for that betrayal
  • The next day, as a result of the trauma she suffered from that, she has obviously decided to kill off her true, inner self and just be the sweet facade anymore
Jun'ichi then finally noticed that something went wrong - too late though. I wonder how he wants to repair the damage again, after he did break Ayatsuji... the situation is quite dire indeed, as alos pointed out by Mentar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Deconstructing Ayatsuji - An Attempt to Put Together the Puzzle Pieces
The Broken Ayatsuji: Hardcore Facade up to Self-Denial

After the guy she loved rejected her true, Inner being once more (her parents were the first), the heartbroken Tsukasa gives up. The saying is "once bitten, twice shy", and that was the second bite she got. So she tries to purge the remains of her true, Inner personality for the sake of a successful festival! And to stay close to the guy she has feelings for! He wants the Facade! So be it. I'm obviously worthless anyway.

This is why Ayatsuji started to talk about that "stubborn girl" that doesn't "exist anymore". While in the past, she was wearing the Facade while she felt she had to, she is now trying to deny her real personality and BECOME the Facade. The Inner Ayatsuji is trying to commit emotional suicide and leave the Facade behind. Isn't that what you wanted? Let's kiss and celebrate!

Chilling and terribly tragic.