Old 2011-02-05, 18:36   Link #57
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
For Asami Imai, I mean this.
Approved. :3

Though now I imagine Rachel going through various... attempts to define a key phrase to activate Starwright and henshin.

Quote:
I was planning to add some fail-jokes into the fanfic, like how the plastic mag cannot be taken out due to it melting in the well, an expended casing getting stuck in the ejection port, and the LAD failing to fire up due to circuiting problems.
Someone in my camp had a broken firing pin. XD

Quote:
I was meaning to use it as a limited edition version, IS handled weapon. It is called ME:ISTER (Metropolis Engineering : IS Tactical Engagement Rifle), since Singapore is better known as the Metropolis after the main island sank underwater due to global warming.
I certainly believe so, as the floating island is a technological marvel. Karon grew up in the Southern Australis mining states, a 3rd generation migrant from Singapore after the island became submerged, so she refers to Singapore as the Federation. Though it annoys her to sometimes have to quantate that by refering to the Metro. Given the endless haggling and puzzling decrees coming out of the capital, it is little wonder that residents Australis think rather low of it. Especially when the Three Diagram computer is what's doing most of the groundwork.

Quote:
I was planning to give them a smaller exoskeleton based on the RIG of Dead Space, and the exos will be slightly smaller than an IS, but still be able to use a smaller ME:ISTER firing the same rounds.

The ME:ISTER cannot be summoned so the funny thing is, Rachel carries it with her all the time, and pulls it out of the unthinkable places all the time.
Agreed, that would mean that the STE team's SISAR-21 is a related rifle, but again taken in a different direction to Metro thinking. Its like the SAR-21 version that has rails for mounting gadgets versus the stock one you used for MEISTER.

Quote:
The thing to be made unique about Metro IS-es is modularity, interchangeable parts to adapt the IS into different combat situation. Starwright is Generation 3.5 with Magaru and the powerplant specially built for it (Gen 4 had a much larger reserve power output, so Houki can use the Magaru without the powerplant), so the powerplant is repurposed for the Cosmic Shroud pack.

The Moonfang units are simply copied Blue Tears technology which are unable to fire lasers, but rather, rely on torque and simple Physics in a form of boomerangs.

Finally, Starwright is not a state-sponsored but privatised project, that initially formed the basis of later Metro mass-manufactured IS-es. I am putting alot of mysteries behind Starwright.
...is I just me, or are the Night Elf references for real here?

Now I get it, Starwright works like a Strike Gundam, interchangeable packs!

And no problems about hiding secrets in there. Its starting to look like Starwright is a different project from STE's version altogether. Which is even better, the MDF going one way while the SAF is going in another. I doubt there'd be a head-on clash, but it will create friction between the Federation's reps, and play into the "size of Metro's IS program is the world's worst kept secret" bits.

Quote:
Sure. I am using Starwright to tell a story of how bureaucracy and backdoor wrangling by politicians cause trouble. After all if the politicians are fighting, it is the corporations who will take over, and people will suffer.

You could take the other side of the equation though.
I'm approaching from ground level actually. The side of "what the hell are the brass doing", that was more of the feeling I get from the country these days. Things are working fine, because everyone wants to keep the status quo going, but there's this nagging doubt that it might buckle and undo everything.

Because of that, Karon is working at her Rep status to break into the political circle and take control of a country slowing coming out of its recent stellar rise. It is reflected in her IS as well. STE made the first 3 IS to specialize in close, medium and long range engagements, leaving the 4th one as a reserve core for R&D by the megacorp. Other state companies objected the waste of a core (and wanted it for themselves), the politicians made a lot of hot air from both sides of the argument, nothing happened for a while. It was when an Australis engineer proposed to build the 4th as a support unit that could to a limited extent fill the roles of the 1st three, and practically did everything except actual manufacturing, was Merlion okay'd to be constructed.

Karon wants to be that influence, because true she wants power but if its good for the country there's nothing wrong with desiring power.

EDIT: I've updated Karon's profile with the above information. Also:

Quote:
Note that the Starwright was not built by STE; it was a parallel project by Temasek Holdings built from the IS cores that were transferred to Singapore behind closed doors. Several such units exist, each built by different government-linked corporations, but little information is available about them.
Just going to run it by you, Saintess, I mentioned Starwright in my profile, but I may have gotten the GLC wrong.

EDIT2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*reads over the thread and has something catch his eye*

Seriously why are these things a threat to organized militaries again? There firepower displayed is no more then say aircraft weapons, the weapon systems they use are by canon stated to be built using contemporary technology (which is clearly more advanced see the bubble shield in Ep 4 which isn’t even vaguely linked to an IS), and apparently electrical weapons can totally bypass there defenses and just kill the pilot. Yeah this might require some adaption, but these things are looking less and less like something that alter the balance of power by the second...
Its just one of those things that are mentioned in theory but seldom put into practice. As long as you don't get caught, or people can't touch you, you can do whatever you want, which is probably one of the underlying threads of the series.

Gosh, this just reminded me of NANOHA STRIKERS, but with HAREM!! XD XD XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Actually it makes me want to make an OC whose primary purpose is to be a skeptic that goes around pointing out how inane the various series sacred cows are. You know what fuck it that’s what I’m going to do.

Rachael Green: Professional Snarker

Spoiler for The Snarking Chronicles Volume 1: Stealth is overrated anyway!:
It is already understood that ISA exists not for international cooperation but for factionalism. This is why Ichika is the only force to unifying the world, with HAREM.

Nice profile btw, now I have a teacher to play around with.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-05 at 19:15.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote