View Single Post
Old 2009-10-07, 19:32   Link #86
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Maybe Oda is trying to mess with our heads by making Buggy look like a pathetic weakling, when in fact if he gets serious he can hold his own (something he has yet to do because he's always clowning around ).

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about Buggy. He actually reminds me a lot of Usopp (another character who seems to be maligned around these parts, sadly) in the sense that he still has resourceful methods of fighting against powerful enemies to make up for his lack of physical power. For instance, we saw how he was able to make those bombs in Impel Down that were powerful enough to wound the Awakened minotaur guardian. Maybe at Marineford he'll shock the world by actually wounding a Shichibukai or admiral, even if it's completely by accident (he's going to get a huge bounty hike nonetheless, but at least that way it would be further justified). Yep, I have high hopes for whatever it is that Buggy's got planned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
It would be too easy if the shadowy fiqure was a trainer - at the begining of Zoro's side story it looked like he rather needs to rest well and maybe fight a strong monster and level up naturally.

Zoro meeting a master swordsman was something that me, james0246 and some others were speculating last year around the end of the Sabaody arc. I actually didn't agree with the idea at first, but it's something I'm cool with now. Besides, the shadowy figure could easily be some old member of Gold Roger's pirate crew, for all we know (remember, Rayleigh said that he didn't know where his former comrades went after the crew disbanded).....