View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 06:11   Link #1416
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I wasn't planning on doing this - and I certainly don't have the time to watch any of these episodes again, even though I really want to - but on a few of the things you said...

Quote:
The credits are also interesting, all three have Sheryl listed before Ranka, even though Ranka seems to be more of a focus in the Deculture Edition and even sings the endings to two of them. This is one of the reasons I don't get why people thought Sheryl was not meant to be a lead character, the three are even seperated from the rest in the listing to point this out.
Ep.2: Ranka gets her name as second on the credits list this time.
Ep.3: Alto and Sheryl get their names listed separately from the rest.
Ep.4: Alto and Ranka get the separate listing this time around.
Ep.5: Alto and Sheryl listed separately from the rest again.
Ep.6: Sheryl is listed second again, all three mains together.
Would be interesting to see how the credits are arranged over the rest of the series...

Come to think of it, another thing to watch might be the ad-break eye-catches. Then again...given that Kawamori pretty much told the animation staff to do whatever they wanted for these, maybe not...

-----

Quote:
-I'll agree with some who were saying Ranka was acting like a spoiled child here, but if she really didn't ask for the private school and finally got her act together to enter a contest, Ozma could have shown more support instead of reinforcing her lack of self-confidence.
Agreed. It's like cause and effect: treat someone like a child (as Ozma has done), and it's a childish reaction you'll get.

Quote:
-I remember some people saying that Alto saw Ranka and that's why he took Sheryl to Folmo, but I don't see any hints at all, which is kind of strange. It does contradict the scene where he saw her. It's just that Alto is in no hurry when he shows Sheryl the Zentradi and it doesn't seem like he has any intent at all to go to the Mall, until Sheryl notices it. The directing was off a bit here?
I remember thinking that too, when I compared the TV and film versions of the date sequence. Quite possibly the reason they removed it for the film.

Quote:
-You don't bother the artist while at work. On a giant, pink underwear.
I remember being really amused reading this scene in the novel: after Sheryl's muse had been satisfied, she paid for that pink underwear and had it delivered to her hotel

Quote:
-Michael has reasons to think Alto isn't the best person to run to for advice. It's hard to talk to a truth-teller, Alto might be a good supporter and listener, but in this case it was better that she bumped into Michael instead.
True. Michel's criticism was probably what she needed most at that stage.

Quote:
-A plane that's lifted by Sheryl's words to Alto, to inspire Ranka indirectly. Yeah, yeah, I like the triangle aspect of the story a little too much. No, not the romantic one, the inspiring each other one.
Agreed again. And bolded just for emphasis.

Quote:
-Great job, Alto. Lie to her and than give her tickets that you have, because... Whatever Alto was trying to do here, he did it wrong.
He had so much to learn...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote