View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 10:31   Link #114
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It's not a special move? I might want to bug you for source, but here's what I think first:

If DP is a passive move, the duel is a stalemate. You can't hit Grande without eating your own damage.

If DP is an active, normal move, then the battle hinges on whether you can hit him behind his shield or when it's not active.

If DP is a special move, then it's just like Lotus vs Radio: whether the OHKO can hit before a..er, double OHKO conversion ability can come into play will decide the fight.

So I'd call it an active move, but here's why I'll say a special move: if it is an as-is move, then DP is unlimited in power. Any move that hits it becomes powered up twice, moving against its owner.

From this line I'd thus speculate that it consumes a full SP gauge, which falls in line with the idea of 'exchanging special techniques in duels.' You use your full gauge, I'll use mine, may the best man win. Or that of sorts.

What do you think?

Edit: I write this assuming, that:

->double damage is dealt the moment the opponent's attack hits

->damage is inflicted by a shockwave, straight ahead of the shield (and presumably where the opponent is)

->timeframe for dodging this shockwave is small.