View Single Post
Old 2013-04-22, 01:27   Link #1252
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Wow, these first 3 episodes have been really good.
Truth be told, I dislike Yū Kobayashi's voice in general (it's grating at times), and I dislike Yūki Kaji's crying (bad flashbacks of Accel World with 'boo hoo hoo, I'm a loser but all the pretty girls love me, boo hoo hoo').

Anyway, with it being 3 episodes in, it sounds like the perfect opportunity to be disappointed with the rest of the show!
Without any spoilers, will this show actually follow through with what we've seen (survival/'Attack on Titan', etc) or will it be like SAO where the whole survival aspect ends up being secondary/trivialized, and it's really about the main character building a harem in a survival setting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't get why people are so hung-up on the relationship between Mikasa and Eren. For one thing, this isn't a romance, though everyone is obviously trying to make it one. For another, they're both traumatized kids who threw themselves into a haphazard military organization in the hope of being able to fight against an overwhelming force.
I hope you are right, because if this was a "typical" shounen show (in this day and age...), then the romance flags are being raised left and right.
eg.
Flag 1: Eren has a sister.
Flag 2: She's actually not blood related!
Flag 3: Mikasa's violence on Eren.
Flag 4: Mikasa force feeding Eren.

I am expecting Sasha flags and the blonde girl flags to be raised soon, as well.
I'd be surprised if none of this happens!
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote