View Single Post
Old 2007-12-25, 06:22   Link #81
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd like to have the bit about the UN trade restrictions explained.

Was that a rationing to protect the dwindling reserves? Wouldn't that have made the oil all the more valuable?
It seemed obvious that it was to divert fuel usage and resort to the newer energy solution. Not in our world situation with the way we restrict oil to control pricing.

Also, what would turning oil more valuable/pricey do? It'd create less demand and probably propel a new energy alternative in the process.

As for the episode itself, it seems this intervention angle will result in Setsuna becoming something like Quatre in Gundam Wing... with the personality of Heero. I can totally see him become something of a savior in the Gundam 00 world whether he wants to be or not. Though it seems more apparent that he's starting to embrace the possible role of a savior.

And I wonder when all the side-characters will start influencing the main story. Saji's daily butler-like adventures reminds me of Hayate no Gotoku and the journalist part reminds me of Hataraki Man. It all has to come together somehow.

As for the aesthetic of the show, Ismail Marina is more and more reminding me of Relena not just because of her policies, but with her sexy hair bangs. And that middle eastern vest looks very Quatre on Setsuna. Pretty nifty. heh
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote