View Single Post
Old 2008-06-10, 12:28   Link #1463
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
He wouldn't have been selected. Numbers can't be pilots so he wouldn't have gotten near one of them to be tested in the first place(hell he wouldn't even have been given a form to fill in for the test for the test). Llyod needed a pilot so he got a quick check and OMFG you have teh Hax skills you must pilot. Also no Lelouch no trouble in Shinjuku ghetto and no need for it to be deployed in the first place.
Numbers can't be pilots but the things is all the noble Knights refused to pilot Lancelot. Lloyd was pretty much forced to look through the ranks of honourary Britannians, since they were the only one's both dispensable enough and willing. I very much doubt there is any other Honourary Britannian who can match Suzaku's skills and abilities, so he would have gotten there eventually.

As for Shinjuku, once again, there are always other opportunities. Kallen's group was very clearly not the only terrorist group out there, right? All we need is Lloyd to continue searching through Honourary Britannian ranks for a pilot for Lancelot, Suzaku to continue to be the best candidate for it, and terrorist attacks like the hotel hijacking in episode 8 to keep happening, and Suzaku would have managed to get noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
Pretty much, and without Lelouch he would never have become one of the Rounds (since he'd never be able to bargain with the Emperor), nor would he have had the chance to become the 'White Reaper,' since he would never have been able to fight in Europe.
Bargaining with the Emperor isn't the only way to become a Rounds, and he wouldn't have gotten there if he didn't have the skills required in the first place. Even without being a Rounds, he would be working as the direct subordinate of 2nd Prince Schniezel, Prime Minister of Britannia and the commander for the European Theatre. We have seen that Schniezel is not one to hold petty prejudices so Suzaku would have gotten ample recognition for his abilities and provided plenty of opportunities to show his merit in Europe.

And that's not even to say, that without Zero Euphemia wouldn't be dead! Maybe without Clovis dying it would have taken much longer for them to meet (or not--Cornelia has complained about Clovis's weakness and incompetence already so it wouldn't be surprising if she had moved in to help anyway) but there still would have been someone out there who could understand him and believe in him and share his dream. Then Suzaku wouldn't need to be a Rounds, he could just be the knight of a princess who 'had an idea while in high school'.

You guys, it's pretty simple. Both Suzaku's and Lelouch's existance helped each other out but they both still possess the skills and motivations to make a difference individually. There is ample evidence that Suzaku is extraordinary, that he has his own strengths and a potential connection to geass that there is no doubt that something would have happened with Suzaku down the road, with or without Zero. I don't know much about it, but why don't you try reading Suzaku of the Counterattack to try to see things from his perspective.

edit: lol, I guess Airi and SoldierofDarkness are better debaters than me. They're right, this is pretty much a ridiculous discussion and I shouldn't have bothered with such trollish posts.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote