View Single Post
Old 2009-11-29, 18:47   Link #133
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Well funny enough miragecoordniator will always stay 'Eva-Beatrice's Theme' for me, because that's the scene where I first heard it and I loved it to pieces.
Well in the end it's only one of the many 'TEH HORROR Themes' in the VN, so if you would actually start associating tracks...nah just doesn't work.

I actually think that this was the first scene in the anime that the song worked with. The scene with Eva-Beato was to dialogue-driven, as was the scene with Lambda...it would have seemed off with them just standing there while this epic song blasts through the speakers...I assume we wouldn't have been able to understand anything at all.
Many things work in the VN that just don't work if there are things like animation, voice acting and other things involved...and in the VN a song was timed so that it could loop at least once, even if you're a quick reader.

Ah well...this has been said enough times and it's not like it's going to convince anybody that there is something like coreography in an anime or movie in general too.
Except it could still work. For instance, that one part in EP1's adaptation where the servants are all "Beatrice exists" had a lot of shading and shaky camera movement. Why wouldn't that work for miragecoordinator?