View Single Post
Old 2007-03-16, 22:22   Link #491
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
I really don't think I'd enjoy the novels at all. Not only would it mean far, far more is lost in translation(And if you say "Well that's the fun of learning japanese", I WILL kick you in the wapanese gonads) but it just wouldn't capture the chaotic atmosphere the anime often has as well. I think the best thing for a book with such crazy characters is for it to be made into an anime.
I was trying to think of the most polite way to say that everything I quoted is comepletely wrong, but I gave up

I do know a bit of Japanese, but I read the novels in English. As for things being lost in translation: well, your anime is translated, isn't it?

Believe me, the atmosphere is just as chaotic (if not moreso) in the novels.

And yes, it being made into an anime was probably the best thing that could have happened to it. However, the anime covers just short of two out of eight (soon to be ten) novels, and there's a lot of material covered there. Examples: Super Moe Mode Nagato, Sneering Bastard, John Smith, some really interesting bits on Tsuruya-san, Mikuru becoming three-dimensional (think she's just a mascot character who's otherwise useless and unimportant? Well, so does she), Koizumi not acting like a deuchbag, and much, much more.