View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 18:54   Link #445
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Just wanted to point out this little known series, on how to make an end of the world plot without all the grim dark

Stellvia of the Universe
Oh I frigging loved Stellvia of the Universe. Ironically, it's the second ED that describes why I love the grim dark approach. The lyrics tells of a very hopeless situation, but people will still persevere and even sacrifice themselves for the one they love.

Spoiler for save space for the English translation of the lyrics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think Symphogear is that close to being "desperate in the very first episode".
Last I checked the human race wasn't near extinction in the first episode of Symphogear.

Quote:
Regardless, I don't know what makes "humanity fighting against extinction" as a plot so exciting to some.
Can't speak for others, but I for one like serious and grim "humanity vs extinction" stories because of what got me in anime in the first place, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross.

Not so much the TV series (which was much more light hearted), but Do You Remember Love is still etched in my memory, since I was only a child when I first saw it. And when....
Spoiler for it's a spoiler as old as Darth Vader being Luke's father:
Quote:
Especially when you entitled to watch people die before your very eyes.
I can understand how a lot of people can get squeamish about character deaths. Me however, Higurashi pretty much desensitized me from violent deaths (if I wasn't already beforehand from games like Doom or Mortal Kombat)

Quote:
It's like watching a hanging at the town square during the Middle Ages in a sense.
Nah, completely different. It's more like watching a horror movie, where you have a group of people trying to survive something that is out of this world, except this time it's on a GRAND scale.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote