View Single Post
Old 2012-12-07, 18:57   Link #57
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am sorry to say but I don't see the similarity to what that hunter guy does to the normal everyday things you are referring to.
That is to be expected, you (as most people) are desensitized and see eating other living being as normal. Have you ever killed your own food? Since it comes in nice little packages is easy to be detached about the fact that was once a living being. If you have at least once killed your food once you must still remember the feeling of anguish of killing an animal (specially if it was looking back at you). If you have can no longer remember at all what what you felt that the first time, well, somebody has to be a cook/butcher. btw, I am not a vegetarian nor trying to convince anyone of becoming one, I simply accept the truth about the fact that corpses are not something we do not experience in our everyday life.

Quote:
I know there is a lot of cruelty in the human world but to put what this guy does on a natural level seems a bit odd.
If you ever have the chance visit a factory that processes livestock and tell me if you really thought that process can be called "natural". The only difference is that modern society shuns (most of the time) upon the idea of killing thy neighbor, we forget there was a time our ancestors did it quite often (for modern standards). The roman coliseum is a prime example. Wars and professional american football is a modern example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
While a lot of thoughts are framed in words, it's not that rare to have ideas you can't quite put into words. Heck, simple example: you can remember a face a lot better than you can describe it using only words.
A face (or an animal or a building) is something you have already seen, ideas and therefore language are more conceptual in nature. I mean, you know when I talk about 14 km/h, justice, even blue but those are human concepts which can only be represented but do not exist by themselves in real life. In essence if you can't translate an idea into words I think a computer can extract from your brain a novel (or even a sentence) since it is not there. An image (either real or imagined) probably can be extracted into a file.