View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 23:05   Link #1677
Kuze

Eh, to be fair with Shante, unless Victoria had something else up her gauntlet, she very well could've won through just chipping away, doing blind side attacks, and abusing her superior agility.

And not doing stuff like showing all her clones at once and trying to overwhelm Vicky with nun power.

There, Shante's conditioning was lacking. Her mind wasn't all in the fight, she wanted to show off and mock her opponent, had her focus shaken at the wrong time because she didn't have confidence in Victoria's ability. I haven't quoted fanfiction in a long time, so now I will post what is relevant:

Quote:
Little secret about boxers: They know that the fight game isn't about fancy moves and ancient Japanese mystic hoo-doo. The fight game is about conditioning. You need to be strong enough to hand out pain, hearty enough to take it, and confident enough not to get rattled.
Having said that, I really now wish that we hadn't been told that Vivio's greatest strength isn't in Strike Arts and that she's just doing this for sheer fun. I like Miura much more than Corona.

...but who am I kidding. This isn't why I decided to post again.

Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote