View Single Post
Old 2011-03-04, 02:35   Link #22167
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
That would mean she was making Will waste his time uncovering information she not only already knew, but pretty much pulled out of her own ass; I don't buy it, if Clair did not in some aspect represent Yasu's actual personality, she would not go to such an extent to tear her apart and "make sure she sees that she can't be happy in any world."
Oh, I mean the Bernkastel that's shown at the end, rather than the Bernkastel that interacts with Will directly. The Bernkastel that's together with Featherine at the end appears to be in control of the board where Will and Lion are pieces. This happens immediately after Lion proclaims that he'll keep struggling or something and then it cuts to Bernkastel removing the Will and Lion pieces from the board, asking Featherine if it was ok to end the story like that.

This over-arching Bernkastel is who I assume to represent someone or some people who've done outside research into the background. She seems to have cast herself as a villain in her own story... 8) But at the very least, if she's the one moving the pieces around on the board then she must be the ones making Will, Claire, Lion and whoever else do as she commands. She has to know something, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
It's because Clair is narrating, and she hates her normal, true self and doesn't want it to be seen. The mere THREAT of showing her form was used by Lambdadelta to get fearful, strict obedience out of Beatrice, and it's why mirrors hurt her.
Hmm... good thing you mentioned this. This means that the original 'Yasu' had the desire to and probably carried out hiding her information from outsiders.

But yah, down on Claire and Will's level, it is a story that Clair narrates. However I wonder how much of it has been manipulated or which parts were 'filled' in thanks to the real 'Yasu' hiding herself... As for Will, I would assume that ... Uber-Bernkastel... *cough* was using him to drive the plot forward.

On the whole, I didn't really like having yet another 'layer' that seemed to look down on EP7. Now there seemed to be two Bernkastels... one who's clearly a villain and another that seems to just be interested in the story. But, there it is...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote