Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 20:21   Link #2073
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
Because so many players are stupid and get scammed by gold sellers.

Blizzard's servers haven't been compromised so it's up to the player when it comes to account security. It's their choice to use an authenticator or not. They don't have to if they are smart it's just extra insurance if they want it. It's also FREE on iPhone/Android phone so...
This sounds like typical blizzard fanboy logic. Did you not read my post a couple pages back?

Blizzard has been compromised in the past, and they have lied about it in the past. They were only willing to come clean after they found a solution to the problem. I'm 99.9% sure it's on their end, because as I said, I keep my computer very secure, and I even had that impenetrable fortress that is supposedly an authenticator, their very own authenticator which I payed 6.50 for. And it didn't do a shred of good. I've played dozens upon dozens of online games for many years, and only with Blizzard have I had to deal with this bullshit.

Also a comedic moment I had while trying to buy the authenticator. While trying to purchase the authenticator it kept giving me "We currently cannot ship to this address", despite purchasing the US only version, and living in the US. Blizzard couldn't even figure out the predicament I was in until they opted to just do everything automatically on their end. Several hours later. Any normal person would have just said fuck the authenticator. And now I kind of wish I had done the same.