View Single Post
Old 2012-11-26, 19:10   Link #1965
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I can understand people hating on GGO (I don't like it much myself, to be honest), but who would hate on Mother's Rosario? I mean, it's the one LN when Reki put most of his self-indulgent tendencies aside and just focused on writing a somewhat decent character-focused piece. And it works, and it's probably the best thing he's ever written.

Heck, even Alicization is more hate-worthy than MR.
Well that's exactly novalysis point if I'm right.

The haters just put Reki in one corner for what he wrote in SAO/ Fairy Dance and then with GGO and MR the whole thing changes.

In GGO although Kirito is still awesome this time it is just his skill and reaction time who saves the day no so-called "asspull" by the haters, also he is characterized quite well in there.

In MR Reki even goes as far as degrading Kirito to an (still awesome ) side character, so he changes completly over the time.

Imo in Reki's case u can easily see that writers get better the more they write and I'm really looking forward to how SAO:Progressive will look in the end

EDIT: Btw what exactly do u dislike with GGO Kazu-kun? It certainly isn't his best work but I don't see some groundbreaking flaws that would make it hateable.

Well ofc you can debate if u could still call the series Sword Art Online there xD But imo the antagonist for once is quite understandable and has normal motives for his actions (normal if you put his SAO history into account) also Shino is the first main girl he meets who doesn't have a love-interest in him and actually teases him all the time. The only greater flaw maybe are Shino's reactions to finding out that Kirito is male, as those were imo a bit over the top...

Last edited by Esebian; 2012-11-26 at 19:21.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote