View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 15:15   Link #976
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
While the scope of "Korra" was much narrower, I actually found the first series to be much more "about people" and Korra much more about premise.
It's the last 15 minutes that really mess things up. Until those last minutes, I read most of the series as being about Korra and her fears (fear of being irrelevant in a new age; fear of not begin a good Avatar; fear of not finding someone to love; fear of losing her main personal identifying quality - being the Avatar; fear of Amon; etc), but since none of these fears were really addressed in the finale (she never really overcame her fears), it's hard to argue that the show wasn't simply about premise. So, I will concede the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The characters in A:TLA were much more interesting and relatable for me, and the ones in Korra basically came off as plot drivers more than people.
I definitely agree that, over time, the characters of Last Airbender were more interesting. But, just looking at the first 12 episodes side-by-side, besides Aang, and to a lesser extent Katara and Zuko, the characters in Last Airbender weren't particularly interesting. Similarly, besides Korra, and to a lesser extent Tenzin and Tarrlok, the characters weren't that interesting.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote