View Single Post
Old 2011-09-18, 13:04   Link #18
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
After just watching an episode of Hanasaku Iroha, it occurred to me that Ikuhara could easily turn Ringo into an Ohana-esque character if he decides to have Ringo become less delusional.

Not sure if you're watching Hanasaku Iroha or not, but for those who are, I'm curious what they think of my observation here.
Everyone's favorite stalker girl ('cept that grump Enzo's, but he enjoys genericshonenexostuff, so insert witty remark about opinions ) will never be another Ohana.

Ringo is not happy that you dared to compare her to that cliche-ridden, moe phenomena-riding, bundle of super over-enthusiasm, gag-inducingly sweet, poster-child of a girl on a never-ending sugar-high who just needs a good spanking. That is, if Ringo cared what other people thought.

Luckily for us, Ringo doesn't, as she fearlessly plows ahead without caring about sucking up to some Otaku perversion in order to sell some panty-shot figurines down the road. Yay!

On a more serious note. I do hope Ringo doesn't end up with Sho. A girl doesn't always have to shack up with hero B to fulfill themselves you know. In fact, I'd be highly suspect of the long-term validity of any relationship borne out of the crucible of stress that I'm sure this plot will punish our protagonists through. It's very easy for individuals to gloss over their incompatibilities when under duress. Then when things calm down, viola! 60% divorce rate! ;p Can't we just be happy if she manages to loose her psychopathy by the end and move on to live a normal life where she may meet some great guy somewhere down the road in a more organic manner? :/