View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 21:08   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaToned View Post
Am i the only one weirded out by Suguha's love for Kazuto o.o? Not only are they cousins, but they basically act like brother-sister..

I mean if it was some other non-related girl that had a major crush on kirito it might've been tolerable but his sister o_O?

Kirito already had like 3 other people in love with him and now this? Kawahara's mind boggles me.
Well, aside from the fact that it's a very common trope, I actually think there is a bit more sense to this than there might have otherwise been. I suspect that part of it was accentuated by the trauma of him being in a quasi-coma for two years and her wondering if he was going to survive. So then, by the time he gets out of the coma, she's probably feeling a lot closer to him than she was before (as if she doesn't want to lose him again). I'm not necessarily saying that's all of it, but it does make a sort of sense to me. That in addition to finding out that she's not actually related to him (so a romantic relationship is not impossible) helps accentuate things.

When it comes down to it, I think the only two people that have really been "in love" with Kirito/Kazuto are just Asuna and now Suguha. Lisbeth had a crush that was quickly... crushed... and I don't think either Silica or Sachi were really love interests. As far these things go, I actually think Suguha's feelings have a bit more foundation than all the others except for Asuna.