Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 20:31   Link #1849
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That wasn't my point. The hearts are an indicator. Whether they are visible to the characters in the universe or not, the things that they are an indicator of are what determines if a character makes it into 0048 or not. As such, no one who doesn't have them will get in, and every who does have them actually wants to be an idol.
I disagree with that point. The heart is indeed an indicator that those girls have the "heart" to become idols and join AKB, but being able to train and deceive people is one of the things spies are supposed to do. Yes, a good one is even capable of faking genuine interest and making effort towards a goal. The heart may means that at least all the girls we know so far, are genuine ones, but doesn't mean one couldn't get in for instance, in a future kenkyuusei audition.

We know that even girls with no heart are capable of getting on the finals test for the kenkyuusei. And on that test it seems the main reason for making those girls pass is to keep pushing ahead and put their lives in the line for AKB, and also to work together with others as the test is hard so even a very skilled person would have trouble all by herself.

While that test works well with normal girls, as only the ones that really care about AKB will be willing to make the effort to go through it, an trained spy would also be willing to take that danger, although it isn't actually for the AKB but for the DES.

But besides the reason you used, one reason that may make it hard or not even possible to get a spy in depends on how Sensei-Sensei works. On Episode 1 it does seems Tsubasa get all the applications sent to them and show them to Sensei-Sensei. Depending on what exactly it may be, for instance some kind of supernatural being, it may be able to know who would be an spy and deny their entries all together.

All in all, if DES wanted an inside spy, I think it would be easier to make someone already in turn into a spy through some kind of blackmailing, like capturing the family of a girl and make her work for them or else they would kill her family.