View Single Post
Old 2013-05-13, 08:01   Link #1074
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Oh, I quite understand. Calling you "the enemy" is overstating it (I've said on other occasions that I saw finance as a force of nature, neither hostile nor friendly. Both exploitable and dangerous.)

But you act for your own interests, and those of the people who pay you. Like everyone. That means that the ones you (indirectly) outsource aren't going to have the warm and fuzzies for you, no matter how much sense it makes to you to do that, no matter how much money it brings to the pension fund of their elderly neighbor.
We're going to have to agree to disagree about how much or what you understand. Because, well, you seem to continue to misunderstand what it is that I do -- or you have chosen not to read previous posts.

Because, well .. I don't directly or indirectly outsource anyone. I don't manage investments. I don't advise on any operational matters at all. I specifically deal with companies in the realm of financial distress from either an advisor standpoint (to frankly rescue the company or derive as much residual value as possible) or as an advisor to an institution targeting them as an investment opportunity. I make no recommendations on operations other than from a financing or capital structure standpoint and occasionally review M&A and other transaction structure information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
It's all fine and dandy to inform. However, just because things are "as the way they are"... that does not mean it is immune and cannot be subject to some kind of change.
I have never once stated that things are immune or cannot change, although, I'll admit I have pointed out changes may be incredibly difficult. The reason I'm "informing" is because there is a severe lack of understanding of the corporate landscape, financial markets, financial institutions and the role of corporations in the current economy. Everyone has an opinion but doesn't seem to get that the way things are, currently are there .. frankly for a reason. It doesn't mean that they cannot and should not be changed if better ideas come about, but to not address the rationale behind existing structures, or to properly comprehend how they work is a discredit to decades and centuries of development.

Anyways, I'm not going to play a victim, but neither will I sit idly by while things are attributed to be that are simply untrue. Simultaneously, I am obviously not adding value by continuing to contribute to this topic, so .. change of topic!

US tax authorities targeted Obama's political enemies // Wider Problems Found at IRS

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...tical-enemies/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle