View Single Post
Old 2009-05-31, 05:28   Link #119
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well then do you think in the final 3 episodes they could....I don't know, have content wherein the vast majority isn't just them eating cake, drinking tea and playing dress up. I mean at this point it seems like that's all this show has going on and I actually find myself longing for the beach trips and instrument searching of the early episodes. Never mind them playing instruments or whatever, just do something, ANYTHING new. Ever since Sawako become a major character this show has just fallen into the same old tired routines instead of building on or working out new gags. I refuse to believe this is all that the premise of a K-On club could afford. I mean I'm still watching it to the end, but it's still feeling very uninspired just the same. Even the episode titles seem to not even care about offering up anything new.

Episode 8: New Member
Episode 9: Newly-entered Member!

Episode 4: Rooming Together
Episode 10: Rooming Together Again ( )

Okay so maybe I am growing a little frustrated, but it's moreso from the feeling that there's a total lack of effort being put into just about any aspect of what could be a far more interesting show and premise and that it doesn't need to be this way.
I'm afraid that your fears are true. There will be another training camp. However, on ep. 9, KyoAni's tinkering with Azusa has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. How DARE they make her cry like that?

Taking a yonkoma series to anime is always a challenge, and KyoAni had to pick up the series where there's only 2 tankubons worth of material. They have so little to work with, the additions can fall flat. I also cringed when I saw the Christmas/New Year episode. They cut out the funnier gags in favour of sisterly bonding. For a comedy series, it's not very smart.