View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 23:21   Link #1250
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
The fact that very few companies make actual manuals for their games anymore is reason enough for me to quit get physical copies. Having them on my shelves is pretty dumb because they're pretty much full already. Besides that, most of what's actually good these days are indie titles, which are download only (Super Meat Boy being a notable exception in that it does come in a boxed copy). So I honestly don't care.
People buy physical copies for manuals? I never cared about those things anyways.

Sorry you have shelving issues, but that's not really a reason for the industry to stop making physical copies. It's like saying my hard drive is getting full so we should stop having things to download. There are some indie games, but I'd disagree that they are what's actually good. Of course a question of "what's good" is a personal opinion thing anyways so no point really arguing in that respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I like how you're ignoring the fact that digital distribution is already on consoles and that this is not just a PC thing.
Though isn't that mostly for classic games that you can't easily find anymore? That's fine since the older games aren't too big in terms of file size anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
One disappointing game shouldn't make you suddenly distrust everything Bioware creates.

ME1 is one of the defining games of the generation. DA:O is up there with the best of it's genre. ME2 was epic in scope and execution, not as good as ME1 but certainly the best game of 2010 (or at least tied with RDR).

Then DA:2 comes along and it's clearly rushed. By how long we've had to wait for ME3 and the fact they have been receptive to critiquing from the fans (such as how they ditched too many RPG elements for ME2) should inspire confidence.
One bad result is enough to lay the seeds of doubt. I'm not going to go into DA3 (it's bound to happen) without any suspicions after what happened last time. After all they talked about listening to the fans and yet came out with that product.

I'm still looking forward to and planing to get ME3, but we'll see how they do this time around.