View Single Post
Old 2013-05-18, 04:23   Link #8018
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Yeah. He also could have just went off with Jeremiah to an orange farm and framed oranges while Schinizel conquered the world.

He wanted death then. And that was the option he choose.
I my opinion, from a production standpoint, the producers wanted to put Code Geass to an end as quickly as possible. No one on the production team ever imagined how successful their show was. And there was no guarantee that Sunrise would have commissioned another Code Geass series as an extension. In retrospect, I feel that with a schedule change to Code Geass R2, the producers should have created a 2-part recap episode(on Season One) that would have brought the new audience up to speed on the show. The last two episodes dealing with Zero's Requiem could have been produced as a 2-Part OVA series.

If the producers had retained their original plans for Code Geass R2 instead of changing the entire structure of the show, it might have turned out better if they had done a 2-part recap episode that would be a flashback of Season One, which might have been cheaper to produce than what was decided upon at the last minute.

Anyway, going back to Lelouch's death, I feel that death was the only escape for Lelouch for if he had lived, he would be in prison for the rest of his life. And while captured, if he managed to obtain his father's Geass, Lelouch might have found it as his way of escaping death because that would have been the only viable outcome for him. Either way, Lelouch was going to die. The only way that this whole ordeal could have been prevented is if Euphemia had not been Geassed into killing innocent lives, which led to her death.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote