View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 08:43   Link #965
Cyclone
Transient Guest

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that Raki has finished his training with Isley and left (with or without Pricila in tow - probably without somehow).

Right now, the 7 needs to go take on the organization, not Pricilla - I think she's the final boss if you will as she is currently just too strong. (Or do you guys think that the Organization would make a better final boss?)

So, if Raki has finished his training with Isley, he probably set off to Rabona to see if Clare was there. He met Cid/Galk and found out that she hadn't been there (possibly finding out about the Battle of Pieta). It's then likely that Raki would set off East to the Organization Headquarters in search of some news of Clare (in real life, he'd prbably never leave the south, forget about Clare and settle down with Pricilla... but... genre and all... I'm willing to suspend disbelief).

Even if Raki knows about Pieta, I think it's unlikely he go back there searching for 7 year old bodies when the much more direct route of simply asking the organization would probably be much easier. Besides, he knows what has become of Pieta first hand so it's not like he'll think there were survivors who stayed.

This way, when Cid/Galk tell Clare they have seen Raki and where he went, Clare's goals and the rest of the G7 will continue to be aligned east and they can head to Staff without splintering. I fear that if Clare finds out about Raki still being in the south (in danger!) she'll run off to face Pricilla while the rest of the group is not really motivated to do so.

As a side note: for those of you who want to see Raki become a Claymore, this would probably be his best chance. He goes to Staff, finds out Clare is one of those who died in Pieta by a group of Awakened Beings and he pleads to make him into a Claymore so he can hunt down the awakened beings that did it (and in typically Raki-esque fashion not realize those awakened beings were Pricila and Isley). The organization might not even oppose - it'll just be a short experiment for them since they figure Raki's life expectancy is about equal to the travel time needed from HQ to the south (not enough to awaken in another words). Really, it's too early to make these kinds of guesses so far out, but I suppose it could happen.