Thread: Ready Boost
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-24, 13:40   Link #14
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamtale View Post
I can reveal for you a big mystery, if you don't know already - in Russia we don't buy soft, we crack it! License software only for big companies. For home users... Well it's another topic to discuss...

Before 7 i had vista... it worked normally until several unexplainebale (supernatural even maybe) BSOD... That is all it is! Now - windows 7 (and server on the other machine + linux, but it' different conversation ) and nothing to complai about
Most of BSOD is mainly caused by poorly designed drivers or malfunctioning hardware, this was the case when Vista first came out... Now, the driver situation is gone and I have Vista with a clean install on my BootCamp partition on my Unibody Macbook Pro and I hardly have any crashes at all and runs just as stable as Windows 7, so I have no reason so dish out 199 dollars for a expensive service pack, but it will benefit people who don't own a copy of Vista and use XP alot more.

Most of the problems happen with Vista is due to OEMs installing crapware on the computer, people really shouldn't blame Vista on that since the OS does not come with that sort of software. However, compared to any version of Windows, Mac OS X and Linux is alot more stable and hardly have the problems of Vista.

Not to mention, Windows 7 still uses the same kernel that Windows Vista SP2 and Server 2008 is using.