View Single Post
Old 2010-06-05, 20:37   Link #162
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I know that it's pointless to argue when it comes to personal preferences, but if anything, it's definitely the music that adds to the impact. I already talked about it before so I'm not going to go into details again how Maeda is a genius in that department, but yeah, just recall the BGM played during the scene when Otonashi signed the insurance card in last episode. That's his style of music. It's not epic epic as in sounding grand, but light music with highly suppressed feeling. If his style of music doesn't click with you, then it's just too bad, because I have yet to run into another composer who does better than him when it comes to that style.
I'm not talking about music taste, but the way BGM supports or sometimes fails to support the onscreen events. Hard to describe in words, but sometimes the point the BGM or vocals cut in feels odd, just seems a bit off to me. In past Key productions Meada was always credited togther with Orito and Togoshi. Now they aren't there and ABs music feels less integrated with the animation to me. Again may not be due to Meada at all, but caused by the director or technical aspects. I know it's subjective and I don't know enough the production process to pin point it but I feel something is not quite clicking.