View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 04:18   Link #707
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
In that case, I'll post this here then.

It doesn't need to be fully militarized, it only needs to be large enough.
I've got one, though I never got around to writting it down. I was thinking about what I could give an OC in the TSAB, then I thought, "Why should I give these to the Bureau?"

The resulting world has the following features, which I think are what's needed to give the Bureau a run for its money:

1. About 250 years before MC0000, the civilization on this world was in the early electric age and discovered a way to generate magical energy from electricity. As a result, they don't need high-powered mages to deliver high-power attacks. They use nuclear reactors, that can be small enough to mount on vehicles. Infantry have to make do with high capacity batteries.
2. This planet has three superpowers dominating a continent each. Sounds like Gundam 00, but I thought of it weeks before that detail was announced. Anyway, they're not friendly to each other, so they weren't dumb enough to stand down their conventional forces to replace them with magical ones like Mid-childa did.
3. As a result of 2, their magic weapons evolved to match modern weapons in speed, range and destructiveness. They've replaced non-magical weapons only where they've proven superior. Unlike the Bureau's which seem to use non-gunpowder weapons as a meterstick.

To keep them and the Bureau from commiting their full resources to destroying each other, I put this world over three years travel time in Dimensional Space from Bureau HQ.
Sounds like a super-upgraded version of a certain non-administered planet somewhere...

Looks like everybody loves (killing) the TSAB in their dreams and fantasies. For me I did something a little nastier and sneakier rather than "outright planetary resistance", which I refuse to state as yet.