View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 11:06   Link #29
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Clarste already summed up pretty much everything I wanted to say, just one minor addition:

Mami was a VICTIM.

Kyubey forced her into the contract when she was dying and had no choice. So yes, while pitching the dangerous life she hated so much to two other girls was a pretty nasty and selfish thing to do, but with her backstory taken into account, it's understandable.

R.I.P.
I told a friend who also watches this and had the same opinion of her being a victom this: Kyubry couldve not shown up and offered her anything either, then where would she be?

Ofcourse, I dont like Kyubey either, I am still rooting for that blackhaied girl(whos name isnt stated enoiugh for me to remember) to kill him. But in regards to Mami, it was just how things went down.

I was unsurprised at Mami's death though(and i mightve been the only one not surprised) but first, the hints at the magical girl thing being survivalgame-esque have been there since episode 2, and as this is labled as seinen the possibility of things getting brutal was there.

Which brings me to this: I didnt like Mami as a person much. In manyways her actions were understandable, but I dont like when someone tries to share misery with others in order to fend off lonliness. Whats more, until this incident it seemed Madoka and Sayaka had a grander idea about becoming a mahou shoujo than what it was in reality. Mami's overconfident nature mightve been an unintentional catalyst for this. Regardless, that overconfident nature led to her undoing. She was warned after all.

But thatss not to say that I wouldnt have grown to like her if she werent a fine red paste right now. Actually though, the only character I truly like so far is the girl who saved Madoka and Sayaka.

EDIT: Oh and I doubt she is revived. There is certainly a possibility for it that I wont deny, but as anyone who has read or seen a true survival series like Gantz knows: You dont come back from the "Oh shi--" kind of deaths. regarless of who you are. It would take the shock value and damage it for the rest of the show.

Last edited by alu546; 2011-01-22 at 11:25.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote