Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll iDOLM@STER the anime (and spin-offs)
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-02, 22:43   Link #35
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I have a hard time imagining an iM@S anime faithful to the source that won't have the Producer in it, since the very premise of the game is that the girl's rise to fame is based on the Producer's actions. I can imagine them doing something like the Idolm@ster Break manga, which makes the Producer an actual character in the form of Takagi Yuutaro. Suddenly I wonder if this iM@S anime will be something of an Idolm@ster Break adaptation...
The chances of it being a Break adaptation is infinitely small since Break is based on the SP universe, while the anime is setup to look like it is based on the IM@S2 universe. Even though all the games share the same characters and settings, they don't actually all take place in the same universe/time line. IM@S2 is not a canon sequel to any of the games or manga before it, and neither are any of the manga related to the games - they are all their own unique interpretations of the universe. It's kind of confusing, but that's how the franchise works.

Also a lot of hints suggests that this anime is going to be a prequel of sorts that take place before the IM@S2 game, in which the setting is that they didn't have a producer which was the reason that Ritsuko became one (that and she always wanted to be a producer, trying out as an idol was a means to the end).

None of the IM@S manga did particularly well since it was a well known fact that people only bought the manga for the tie in CDs, in fact BREAK was pretty hated for the naive and happy-go-lucky young producer which most of the fans cannot associate with (the unpopularity is also why the manga is ending next issue!), so if they learned their lesson it would NOT be a BREAK adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
And Jupiter's appearance wasn't the reason why fans are furious, it was because of the fact to make room for them, they made several idols NPCs only.
Which I must add was pure speculation. People have rightfully counted by pointing out that the 360 game were quite small in data size (somewhere along the 2G-3G size IIRC, but either way well within a D9 DVD), so game size was definitely not a factor in that they had to "make room", especially that the Juipter team are also not going to be producible, so it can't be that 3 NPCs have such an impact on the game design and storage space that they need to take out 4 playable characters.

A more credible theory is that people were suspicious that NGBI might have deliberately gimped the 360 version and plans to release a "complete PS3 version" aka Tales of Vespera/Tales of Grace later down the line, this actually makes more sense considering NGBI's recent track records. 360 owners would particularly feel cheated as they would have to invest in another game machine and/or re-purchase all the DLCs etc.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2011-02-02 at 23:56.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote