Thread: Licensed Bokurano
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-14, 09:24   Link #173
Rion
Ramune~

Wow, "grumpy old anime fan" is a good self-description. I seriously didn't expect such an answer.

I admit that you are right - most anime fans don't seem to read manga, therefore my assumption that most have read the manga is probably wrong. However, Bokurano isn't all as popular as you might expect. With no more than 400 seeders for the first episode, it can't compare to other series such as Darker than Black or Lucky Star. Also, you should notice that most people in this thread have read the manga, especially the ones who have looked forward to the anime. And I can't remember any anime so far where the anime has been compared so much with the manga and I've never seen a mangaka mentioned so often in the anime adaptation thread. All in all, you cannot deny a certain Mohiro Kitoh fanbase, and if you could understand the raving about this mangaka, you'd also understand why it is so difficult to keep your expectations and the original work apart from the adaptation.
And I can predict this much - if the anime keeps this good quality, most of the people who participate actively in this thread will be those who have read the manga.

On the other hand - I never tried to defend spoilering. I just said that I find it difficult (even impossible for myself) to keep thoughts about the manga apart from my judgement of this anime. I don't think it's polite to spoil, but I also don't think it is polite to shut other people's mouth. After all, it's not like these people talk about the newest chapters or the manga storyline, but it's always related to the anime. (And by the way - talking about the manga, the drama CD, the soundtrack etc. is very common in threads about other anime at the Animesuki forums.)
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote