Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-09-25, 11:20   Link #158
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@Toua,

You're right actually, the prelude didn't look all that bad. I really only said that because it didn't look as good as the game itself.
It is kinda preposterous to expect an anime, or even an OVA, to be as good looking as a recent eroge CG. Time and budget wise, it is simply suicidal to try such stunt.
Now, i guess you didn't really expect such thing, but I don't think art comparisons are pertinent in most case.
Quote:
Oh well, I dunno if SHAFT has the animation consistency that KyoAni is much vaunted for, that's all. I've heard things about Negima!? that I can't confirm, so yeah.
There are many other studio as effective as KA, depending of their genre and such.
SHAFT is pretty much a very good studio in term of lively colors and animation, which can be litteraly crazy in various instances (see Negima!? for colorful joke with unconventional style, or fluid fast paced actions and dynamic plans)

That said, studio have little to do, as for most cases, the product is much more important than the expectations you can get. (big examples: JC staff and Gonzo. Both can do the very best or the VERY WRONG, to the point to give walking black histories. *cough*Shingetsutan *cough* Kaze no Stigma *cough*)

Back on ef, I finished the demo, and it was really enjoyable. Miyako quirks and antics give me me lots of "school days Sekai" and "sola Matsuri" vibes (much more for the former, of course).
It is very rare that a "default" girl grow on me so quickly in VN. Someone want cute and moe? I guess Miyako fulfill this role very very well already.
As a side note, after watching the anime prologue once again, i had hard time to recognize Miyako VA.

From what i could get with the demo, It is very similar to sola (force of interaction and some mysterious aspects of the protagonists), but with a much more elegant/classical environment (the BGM help A LOT in that regard) and a much better mood, as it is heartwarming.
The demo convinced me to put ef on "top expectation" list, instead of "high expectation".

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-09-25 at 11:37.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote