View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 04:53   Link #31
vashhybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
Finally thought of a more recent "good" animated series and it's Haganai, or more well known by it's alternative title Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. I would actually put it side by side Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko in terms of quality animation, maybe even slightly better (though the scenes of Erio when she becomes all shiny/gives that cute turn/look are probably the most beautiful scenes I've ever encountered in any anime; sounds kinda cheesy but I kinda like those scenes xD). Though, it's a high school romance/harem, but it's quite funny too. A bit different from the typical with a plot I liked.
We were actually talking about that in a post on the first page. I loved that show and I can't wait for the second season to come out. It's interesting you compare it to Denpa because I'm watching that show and I actually started researching the two to see if they had any common history at all because the art style and character designs are so similar.

And I do agree with the comment about Erio. It feels odd for me to say this, but she is a darn cute character. Her speech patterns and mannerisms are just so adorable, it really gives her this air of innocence which makes it almost impossible not to smile and give a little "dawwww". I almost feel creepy talking about an animated character like this, but I can't help but feel they did a fantastic job with her character. It also helps that the studio that animated that series also animated Arakawa Under the Bridge and the Bakemonogatari series, both of which are all about the animation, comedic timing and word play (at least I think Arakawa under the Bridge is too, I've only seen one episode. Feel free to correct me!) Shaft has quite the pedigree.
vashhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote