View Single Post
Old 2007-02-22, 04:23   Link #278
Ashura3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Spoiler for 343:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
As to sasuke being over powered, he has to be at least as strong as naruto if not stronger.
My problem with that is Sasuke has to be better than Naruto because of plot devices, not because it makes logical sense in the ninja world. Naruto, as a demon host, has an extreme amount of potential and with his KB technique, is meant to be a superpower in the future.

How can Sasuke compare to that potential? All he has is a drive for revenge and the Uchiha blood, both of which are nothing compared to what Naruto has. Look at Gaara, there's an example of a properly handled demon host. The guy went from Genin to Kage in 3 friggen years, and he took on a powerful Akatsuki member, losing only because his village was in danger and he had to save it as a Kage should do.

With Kakashi and Jiraiya, both powerful, established, well known ninjas (one of whom trained the 4th Hokage), as his teachers, why didn't we see the same results from Naruto over the same period of time? Why didn't Naruto go through his KB and wind training earlier? If he had, perhaps by now he could take out an entire village with a crazy wind based attack the same way Gaara could take out an entire village if he has enough sand to work with.

I still don't feel Naruto and Sasuke's growth were handled properly. Moreso Naruto, as with Sasuke I can understand if he just happened to be one of those once in a lifetime gifted geniuses. Hopefully we'll get an idea in the future as to why Naruto is still so week after that timeskip (difficulties with dealing with Kyuubi chakra maybe?).

(although following the current trend of level-up matching that Kishi is doing, that probably won't happen)
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote