View Single Post
Old 2004-05-01, 11:41   Link #15
Suikun

In the past, I pretty much downloaded anything in sight that looked remotely interesting and burned it to DVD - most the time I don't even watch the stuff and just end up buying the official DVDs, so I use fansubs more as a "safety measure" in the event I just either can't get to buying something on DVD, or the R1 licensors screw things up. But lately, my shelf-space for DVDs has gotten so cluttered and my hard drive so dis-arrayed with stuff that my current plan is to burn everything on my HD to DVD, shove it all in a box in the attic, and then start fresh on my HD limiting the things I download (for the time being anyway) to the things I know I'll watch and like (Naruto, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist) and try to avoid going hogwild on the things I'm getting "just in case".

As for seeding - I usually only seed until I have a 1:1 share ratio - no more, no less. So long as I've given everything I've taken, I don't really care to be too philanthropic, I'm afraid.

Also, I don't do trading - occasionally if I'm away for the weekend or something I set up an fserve with some good high-demand things in anyone of my regular IRC channels, but I don't really have any friends... therefore nobody to trade with