View Single Post
Old 2004-05-13, 02:05   Link #28
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
--but in the absolute sense--who are we to judge something like that?
In the grand scheme of things, no one can, except for the people living through it.

But then again, being human means everyone else is going to put their 2 cents in anyway...

No matter what we do, the actions of the characters are percieved differently by every person that watches. We all have our own set of personal filters that we run things through, which is built up on culture, the way we were raised, and our own experiences.

Perception isnt a matter of right or wrong, it just is. Part of why I posted the poll was to see the underlying reasons why folks felt the way they did. The two basic things that it boils down to seems to be the split between love and trust.

Most folks faulting Mitsuki for her behavior focus on the fact that she wasnt honest, and she betrayed people.

The folks forgiving her focus on the fact that her actions were done because of her love for Takayuki.

Which is right? Both. It just depends on how your personal perceptions color it.

While I personally felt for Haruka, I can understand Mitsuki's actions. I dont necessarily agree with all of them, but I can understand them. But thats my personal take, and nothing more.

After all, if we all thought the same way, life would be pretty boring.
Arwyn is offline   Reply With Quote